Skip to content
Will SDG&E’s rate increases impact CEA customers?
- SDG&E’s recently announced upcoming 1/1/2023 rate increase did not come as a surprise; Clean Energy Alliance and other regional CCEs anticipated this outcome.
- Clean Energy Alliance controls the generation side of customers’ electricity bills: approximately 25 percent of the total cost. Clean Energy Alliance customers will be affected by SDG&E’s rate increases for transmission and delivery, the same as non-CEA customers.
- Clean Energy Alliance is committed to providing customers rate stability by reviewing and setting rates just once per year.
- Clean Energy Alliance’s rates will be considered in January 2023. Clean Energy Alliance fully anticipates being able to set generation rates that meet our goal of achieving 2% generation cost savings compared to SDG&E.
- The Clean Energy Alliance Board of Directors oversees decisions regarding rate setting. The Board is made up of elected officials from its member communities who are directly accountable to the people who elected them. Open meetings ensure the public has a voice in decision-making.
- Clean Energy Alliance is committed to an easy and transparent billing process. For more information about understanding your monthly bill, please explore our interactive sample bill.